Moving To > El Salvador
Moving to El Salvador from the U.S.
Planning an overseas move to El Salvador? We at International Air & Sea Shipping are the perfect international movers to handle your relocation. When you choose International Sea & Air Shipping, you'll have top rated moving services throughout your move to El Salvador. And of course, you'll have your choice of international shipping services by sea or air when you hire International Sea & Air Shipping.
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to El Salvador
Our expert international moving agents can help you every step of the way during your move to El Salvador, such as:
- Are you selling property in the United States?
- Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
- Shipping by sea or air is available when relocating to El Salvador - do you have a preference?
The Cost of Moving to El Salvador
The cubic foot volume of your belongings is what directly influences the shipping cost to El Salvador and because El Salvador is located close to the contiguous United States, the transit time required to ship your belongings will be shorter. Other services such as car shipping are additionally charged.
Get an accurate estimate of the cost to ship your items from the United States to El Salvador with an in-home inspection and home appraisal from our expert international moving agents. Call International Sea & Air Shipping today to schedule an appointment!
About El Salvador
Literally meaning Republic of The Savior, El Salvador has undergone rapid industrialization in recent years. Located in Central America, El Salvador is the smallest and most densely populated country. In Spanish, El Salvador is known as “The land of proud and arrogant volcanoes."
El Salvador is affectionately called “the Tom Thumb of the Americas." With more than 300 rivers in El Salvador, Rio Lempais the most important. It originates in Guatemala and leads to the Pacific Ocean. El Salvador's largest natural lake is Lake Guija. Tropical climate with pronounced wet and dry seasons is the climatic condition of El Salvador.
The culture of El Salvador resembles mostly the culture of Central America while the European influences are seen in the architecture of colonial churches, museums and theatres. Football is the main sport of El Salvador followed by basketball and Volleyball.
Even though El Salvador is the smallest country geographically, it has the third largest economy in the region. The export and import partners of El Salvador are US, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, and China. Hydropower, geothermal power, petroleum and arable land are the natural resources of El Salvador.
Custom Regulations for El Salvador:
- Passport (copy)
- Visa (copy)
- Inventory (valued)
- Customs Declaration
- Residence and Work Permit or Business Visa
- Letter from employer confirming employment
- Confirmation to return articles like works of art, household machinery, electronics, etc.
- Power of Attorney
Free import by persons over 18 years of age:
- 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars
- Up to two (2) liters of alcoholic beverages
- Up to six (6) units of perfume
- Other articles up to a value of 500 USD
- Works of art, antiques, coins and precious jewelry must have original receipts
- For all firearms and ammunition a permit is required from the Ministry of Defense
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic material
- Unauthorized weapons
- Title of Ownership
- Original invoice
- Certificate from repair shop at origin showing emission control requirements for gases, smoke and particles obtained no more than 60 days prior to arrival
Import permit required, fee of 9.04 USD, which can be obtained on (or prior to) arrival at the Animal Quarantine Dept. at the airport
Applications must be accompanied by:
- Health certificate issued no more than 15 days prior to arrival
- Vaccination certificate
- Export permit obtained at point of origin
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090