Moving To > Uganda
Moving to Uganda Internationally
Moving to Uganda is a major transition for anyone, and there will be plenty to consider and prepare for before you head across the globe.
The last thing you want to worry about is the logistics of a complicated move, especially when it comes to documentation, Customs regulations and shipping services.Which is why you shouldn't have to worry about it. Instead, let us tackle the tough stuff for you.
International Sea & Air Shipping will make your transition to Uganda as seamless as possible, by providing top-notch shipping services for all of your household goods and much more.We'll be there with you each and every step of your move abroad, from packing and crating your goods, to shipping them overseas and assisting you through the complicated overseas documentation process.
All you need to do is give us a call so we can get started with an on-site estimate. We'll take care of everything else.
Here's how we get the job done:
How International Sea & Air can help for moving to Uganda
To start, one of our trained moving specialists will provide a one-on-one consultation with you, thoroughly outlining your moving options based on certain criteria, such as:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Uganda?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying?
- Your family/household size. Will you be moving alone or with your family? For business or personal reasons?
- Cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
What Will Moving to Uganda Cost?
For the most accurate estimate of your total shipment size, you should schedule an in-home survey as early as possible for your move to Uganda.
Don't wait until the last possible moment, contact International Sea & Air Shipping today. You won't regret the decision.
After we hear from you, our moving specialists will assess your belongings to give you the best estimate possible to expedite your relocation..
The cost of moving to Uganda will vary considerably based on the cubic footage of your belongings and your proposed destination arrival time so it's extremely important that you work with an agent so they can give you the most accurate quote.
Ready to start budgeting for your international move?
Give us a call, and don't forget to ask about our overseas packing and custom crating services, too!
The Republic of Uganda is a landlocked country located in East Africa and is the second most populous landlocked country after Ethiopia.
Uganda lies in both the African Great Lakes region (because it contains a large portion of Lake Victoria) as well as within the Nile basin, but has a modified equatorial climate. It boasts 60 protected areas including ten national parks.
Official languages include Swahili and English, but the central language Luganda is also widely spoken.
Can't wait to get started with your overseas relocation to Uganda? First, find out what you'll need to clear Customs.
Custom Regulations for Uganda:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- Work permit (copy)
- Immigration permit
- Certificate of residence change
- "Attestation reservation de cale"
- Inventory (three copies in English, detailed, valued, signed and dated by the customer)
- Electrical powered items should include a serial number
- Customer must be in the country for Customs clearance
In Uganda, some articles may not be imported in a customer's baggage whatsoever. These items include, but may not be limited to:
- Counterfeit items
- Cultural artefacts and other objects of cultural importance
- Palm tree and any products derived from palm
- Explosive material
Some articles may have restricted quantities or require special authorization/ payments of duties and taxes to clear customs in Uganda. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Live animals - health certificate required along with complete and valid inoculations
- Endangered species or products made from these species as outlined by CITES - may be brought in only with CITES permission
- Hunting weapons - permissible only with authorization from the Ministry of the Interior
MOTOR VEHICLES REGULATIONS
In Uganda, new cars are dutiable.To import a vehicle you will need to have the following documentation:
- VIN number
- Bill of Lading
- Pre-inspection certificate
- Export certificate
- Identification (original and photocopy)
PETS AND ANIMAL REGULATIONS
When importing a dog or cat into Uganda, they will need to have the following documentation:
- Movement permit obtained from veterinarian in the country of origin
- Health certificate proving pet is free of disease stamped within ten days of shipment
- Rabies certification
- Proof of vaccinations
- Dogs - vaccinations against distemper, hepatitis, Leptospirosos, Parvo-virus and rabies
- Cats - vaccinations against Feline Entritis and rabies
- While in transit, dogs and cats must not come into contact with other animals
DUTY AND TAX RATE PERCENTAGE
- Invoices on all new electronics and new furniture less than six months old are subject to payment of customs duties and taxes
- Home computers are not accepted as personal effects and are subject to customs duties and import taxes
- Used household goods may be duty-free if they are exported upon the expiration of the customer's temporary residence permit
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090