Moving To > Denmark
Moving to Denmark from the US
Moving overseas to Denmark is exciting, but it is also stressful if you don't know where to begin.
International relocation requires plenty research and thorough planning before heading across the globe-not to mention professional and skilled overseas shippers to ensure your goods arrive safely in your new country.
If you are planning a move to Denmark, let International Sea & Air Shipping assist you with every aspect of your relocation to ensure it is seamless and hassle-free.
We provide all services you need like documentation assistance, customs assistance, packing, crating, and more!
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Denmark
At International Sea & Air Shipping, our moving specialists will be there to help you every step of the way during your move to Denmark. Before you get started, learn more about all of our offered shipping services and options to determine what best meets your needs:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Denmark? Should you ship your goods via air or sea freight?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying a home?
- Your fragile items. Do you require packing or custom crating services?
- Your family/household size. Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
- Your cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
How Much Does it Cost to Move to Denmark?
Cost is an important determining factor when planning an overseas move. Schedule a home survey with us to receive the most accurate estimate to ship your goods to Denmark.
One of our trained moving specialists will visit your home to assess your belongings and determine the cubic footage of your shipment. You will then receive a free quote to ship your goods and be provided with the services you require.
The cost of your move to Denmark will vary based on the cubic footage of your shipment, the method of shipping (air vs. sea freight) the services you require (packing and custom crating), and many other factors.
To get started, fill out our easy quote form and begin planning your move to Denmark today!
The Scandinavian country of Denmark is located in northern Europe and shares its borders with Norway, Sweden and Germany. It is one of the world's oldest monarchies, which dates back to the Viking Age.
Apart from its rich history, Denmark is presently cited as one of the world's best (and happiest) countries to live, thanks in part to its strong welfare state with a mixed market economy that solidifies economic equality. The country is also noted for its innovative, Neo -Modernism architecture. Some Danish architects have designed iconic structures like the Sydney Opera House in Australia.
Denmark's recent goal is to create a green, sustainable society - 20 percent of Denmark's energy comes from a renewable resource, with Copenhagen being one of the most environmentally friendly cities in the world (with over 400 km of bike paths for daily commuters). The country's main trading partners are: Germany, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, France and China.
Custom Regulations for Denmark:
*NOTE: ENTRY REQUIREMENTS DEPEND ON THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO MOVE TO DENMARK
- Residence Visa/permit
- Work Permit
- Danish Customs Form (G55)
- Registration with the Danish National Register
- Rental contract or lease contract providing proof of residency in Denmark
- Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill
- Complete list of inventory and packing list in English, containing the contents of all boxes included in the shipment
- Customer must be in Denmark at the time of Customs clearance
- All household goods and personal effects may be imported duty free provided the items have been owned for at least 12 months prior to importation
- Household goods and personal effects must be imported within one year of the customer's arrival in Denmark
- All items being imported must be for the sole use of the customer and may not be lent, sold or otherwise disposed of during the customer's stay in Denmark
- Prior to the shipment's arrival, the customer must be registered as a resident of Denmark
- All shipments arriving by sea, air, rail or road must be cleared through Customs at the point of entry
The following items are prohibited from being imported into Denmark through customs and may be seized by customs and border authorities upon arrival:
- Narcotics/illegal drugs
- All medicines not approved by the Danish Health Authority
- Explosives, ammunitions and weapons
- Pornographic materials
- Any furs, skins, tusks, horns, or other similar animal products
- Live plants are prohibited without the prior authorization from the Danish government Plant Protection Service and certificate obtained from the customer's origin stating that the plant is free of all diseases
- All firearms require an import license from the Denmark Ministry of Justice and the local police department, as well as a shooting permit
- All antiques may be imported duty free, however they will be subject to a VAT of up to 25 percent of value and also must be accompanied by a certificate that proves that the item is over 100 years old
- All works of art, paintings and carpets may be imported duty free, as long as the customer contacts the Destination Agent prior to arrival to notify them of the shipment
- All new items are subject to duty and VAT
- There is no limit to the quantity of alcohol and tobacco being imported, however if any alcohol or other bottled beverages are imported, inventory list must clearly state the brand, quantity and size of bottle; all alcohol and tobacco being imported is subject to tax and duty
- Only dry and canned food is allowed to be imported and is only permitted if it is contained within the household goods shipment
- Any and all inheritance may be imported duty free for up to two years after the estate has been finalized and the customer must present either a will or a notarized legal declaration from the attorney of the estate
- All vehicles may be imported duty free, however they are subject to a high registration tax
- All vehicles must be in the owner's possession for at least six months prior to importation and may not be sold, lent or otherwise disposed off within the first 12 months of the customer's residency in Denmark
- Once the vehicle has been cleared through Customs, the customer must register the vehicle within 14 days
- All vehicles must pass an technical examination before being allowed to apply for tax registration
- The following documents are required when importing a vehicle:
- Original certificate of title and vehicle registration
- Valid driver's license
- Insurance card
- All pets and animals must be accompanied by a certificate of vaccination stating that the animal has received its required vaccinations, including rabies, at least 30 days prior to arrival
- All pets must be accompanied by a health certificate signed by a veterinarian and dated no more than 30 days prior to arrival
- All pets must be equipped with a microchip or tattoo for identification purposes
- Up to five pets are allowed importation at a time
- Health Certificate is valid ten days from the date in which it was issued (20 days for pets coming from non-European countries)
- All endangered species and exotic animals are prohibited
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090