From the American dream to the Spanish dream, the move is actually dreamy. Spain is located in the southern part of Europe. It has been steadily gaining popularity among American expats and those interested in moving to Spain from the USA. Many American citizens and residents alike have chosen this country as their dream destination to move from the USA. They are attracted to Spain for its easy visa process and competitive cost of living. They appreciate the high quality of life and the amazing cultural heritage in beautiful locations.
The International Sea & Air Shipping Advantages
We mentioned the “easy visa process” for moving to Spain from the USA. This doesn’t mean the documentation process will be entirely hassle-free. It involves certain requirements and procedures. We cannot promise you that. At International Sea & Air Shipping, we’re committed to guiding you through everything. From the visa selection process to securing it in a reasonable timeframe, we help in all.
What we help in is the actual move. We manage the relocation of your household goods. We help to move your car, providing guidance in the process at a competitive price. Our team of international moving experts at International Sea & Air Shipping is here to help. We can guide you through your dream international move to Spain from the USA. You’ll receive support throughout the entire process.
The relocation process includes handling your documentation. It involves transferring your household goods when shipping to Spain. There are the aspects concerning the shipping cost, time and safety for your relocation. At International Sea & Air Shipping, we offer end-to-end specialized services for all types of moves. Be it from the origin to the destination countries or vice versa.
Let our professionals manage your international move to Spain from the USA. You can focus on the exciting prospect of relocating to this dream European country.
Spain is situated in south-western Europe on the Iberian Peninsula. It boasts a rich artistic, cultural, and linguistic heritage that draws in numerous tourists annually. The country offers a plethora of colorful cultural events, majestic castles, and historic attractions to explore.
Spain features exciting cities like Barcelona and Madrid, beautiful mountain ranges, like the Pyrenees, the Cordillera Cantábrica, the Sierra Morena, and the Sistema Penibético, and stunning beaches.
Spain shares its borders with Gibraltar, France, and Portugal. It includes several nearby territories, as the Mediterranean Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, two North African autonomous cities (Ceuta and Melilla), and the town of Livia. Over the course of history, many Spaniards have emigrated to countries like Peru, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina. This has contributed to Spanish becoming the second most widely spoken language in the world.
Spain has a mixed capitalist economy. This is the12th largest in the world, with per capita income roughly equivalent to Germany and France. Spain’s major trading partners are France, Germany, Portugal, Italy, the UK, China, and the Netherlands. If you are a Spanish resident it is easier for you to move within the Schengen countries.
Relocation to Spain from the USA will offer you the scope of multi-dimensional exploration! Be it is the rich line of history or the colorful cultural heritage, Spain will appeal to all. The delectable cuisine, high-spirited festivals, the siesta – there are many other distinct characteristics that are all essentially Spanish, will make your shipping to Spain from USA a dream one for sure.
Customs Regulations for Spain
NOTE: CUSTOMS CLEARANCE FORMALITIES IN THE CANARY ISLANDS MAY VARY FROM SPAIN. WE ADVISE CUSTOMERS TO CONTACT THE DESTINATION AGENT FOR DETAILS.
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Visa for relocation to Spain from the USA
The main documentation you will need when moving to Spain from the USA is the Visa. 2022, American citizens didn’t require a visa to stay in Spain for tourism purposes for up to 90 days. 2023 all American citizens will need different types of Visas to validate their move to Spain.
There are seven different types of Visas one can apply while relocating to Spain from the USA. Here are the details –
- Golden Visa Spain – It’s called the investor visa and is the easiest way to get a residency permit in Spain. There are many scopes where one can invest in Spain to obtain the Investor Visa.
- Student Visa – These are for the exchange students or students who want to study or research in Spain. There are 3 different types of student Visas –
- a. Schengen student visa: Applicable for the students who will stay at maximum 3 months
- b. Short term student visa: This is for a stay that can go up to 6 months (180 days).
- c. Long term student visa: This student visa is for those studying in Spain for over 6 months.
- Non-Lucrative Visa – This visa is perfect for those relocating to Spain from the USA without employment or for retirement. Applicants must provide valid documents demonstrating their financial means to support the move and stay in Spain.
- Job Search Visa – This visa is ideal for those relocating to Spain from the USA without employment and for retirees. The Job Search Visa allows graduates to stay in Spain and search for jobs after completing their courses. This Visa is valid only for 12 months.
- Work Visa – This visa is applied for by the company that offers you a job in Spain. With this Visa if you are moving to Spain from USA you can enjoy social benefits like a Spain citizen.
- Permanent Residency – To obtain Permanent Residency, a US citizen must demonstrate 5 uninterrupted years of living in Spain. There is a catch in case you are a student. If you have a student visa in Spain, only 50% of your time in the country counts toward Permanent Residency.
- Family Reunification Visa – After the Golden Visa, this is the second easiest visa to obtain for your reuniting with your family in Spain after moving from the USA! This is a long-term Visa. These members of a family can apply for Family Reunification Visa –
- Children below the age of 18
- Legally married spouse/partner·
- Parents and Parents-in laws who are above 65 years of age
“I highly recommend International Sea & Air Shipping. My wife and I had a very good experience with them shipping household goods from Virginia to our retirement home in Spain. Everything arrived on time with nothing damaged and nothing missing. I especially appreciated their efficiency. While a competitor couldn’t promise a pick-up date, International Sea & Air arranged this in minutes over the phone at a lower price. Their contact company in Spain, WillMove Worldwide, was a pleasure to deal with giving us valuable advice about clearing customs, and living in Spain.”
– Gene & Ada
Top Reasons for Moving to Spain from the USA
The “why” of moving to Spain from the USA is something you’ve likely contemplated extensively. If you’re seeking to understand the numerous advantages of this international move, we’re here to assist.
To reiterate, moving to Spain from the USA yields a number of benefits. Moving to a country with rich history, culture, and natural beauty, you can enjoy these benefits:
Cheaper cost of living – The cost of accommodation, daily groceries, and dining out in Spain is 50% cheaper in some areas of the USA!
Good investment options leading to faster residency permit – The Golden Visa or the Investment Visa is the fastest way to gain a permanent residency in Spain and there are plenty of affordable investment options available. This makes the process of moving to Spain from the USA easier for some expats.
High quality of life with good pay package – The minimum wage guaranteed in Spain offers a good quality of life no matter which part of the country you decide to move into.
Visa free movement amid the Schengen countries – On having a residency permit in Spain you can move in several Schengen areas without Visa regulations.
Add the facility to avail high quality free healthcare service to the above list and many other perks upon moving to Spain from the USA! This will be an international relocation that fulfills a dream.