Moving To Spain from USA
We Streamline the Moving Process
A dream relocation to Spain from the USA
From the American dream to the Spanish dream, the move is actually dreamy. Spain, located in the southern part of Europe is a destination that has been steadily coming up in the ladder for being favorite among the American expats and people interested in moving to Spain from the USA. The easy visa process, the competitive cost of living, high quality of life, and the amazing cultural heritage amid beautiful locations – all have been major contributing factors for this country being selected as a dream country to move from the USA for many American citizens and residents alike.
The International Sea & Air Shipping Advantages
Now when we said easy visa process for moving to Spain from the USA we didn’t mean that the documentation process will be completely hassle-free. We cannot promise you that. But at International Sea & Air Shipping what we can promise is that we can guide you through the step by step process of knowing what visa suits you better and get it at a reasonable time.
What we also help in is the actual move. The relocation of your household goods, the relocation of your car and guide you through the process at a competitive price. It is here that our professional team of international moving experts at International Sea & Air Shipping can hold your hands and run you through the entire process of your dream international move to Spain from the USA!
The relocation process involves not only your documentation but also transferring your household goods when you are transporting those to Spain. There are the aspects concerning the shipping cost, time and safety for your relocation. At International Sea & Air Shipping we provide end to end specialized services for all types of moving from the origin to the destination countries.
So, let our professionals handle your international moving to Spain from the USA while you can enjoy the prospect of moving to this dream European country.
Customs Regulations for Spain
NOTE: CUSTOMS CLEARANCE FORMALITIES IN THE CANARY ISLANDS MAY VARY FROM SPAIN. CUSTOMERS ARE ADVISED TO CONTACT THE DESTINATION AGENT FOR DETAILS.
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Located in south-western Europe on the Iberian Peninsula, Spain has a renowned artistic, cultural and linguistic richness that attracts hundreds of tourists every year. There a number of colorful cultural events, majestic castles and historic attractions to explore in Spain, as well as exciting cities (like Barcelona and Madrid), beautiful mountain ranges (such as the Pyrenees, the Cordillera Cantábrica, the Sierra Morena, and the Sistema Penibético), and breathtaking beaches.
Spain shares its borders with Gibraltar, France, and Portugal and encompasses many other nearby territories-the Mediterranean Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, two North African autonomous cities (Ceuta and Melilla) and the town of Livia. Throughout history, many Spaniards have immigrated across the world to countries like Peru, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina, resulting in Spanish being the second most widely spoken language in world.
Spain has a mixed capitalist economy, which is the 12th largest in the world, with per capita income roughly equivalent to Germany and France. Spain’s major trading partners are France, Germany, Portugal, Italy, the UK, China, and the Netherlands. If you are a Spanish resident it is easier for you to move within the Schengen countries.
Relocation to Spain from the USA will undoubtedly offer you the scope of multi-dimensional exploration! Whether it is the rich line of history or the colorful cultural heritage, Spain will appeal to all. The delectable cuisine, high-spirited festivals, the siesta – there are many other distinct characteristics that are all essentially Spanish, will make your move to Spain from the USA a dream one for sure.
Visa for relocation to Spain from the USA
The main documentation you will need when you are moving to Spain from the USA is the Visa. Till 2022 there was a provision where the American citizens didn’t need a Visa to stay in Spain up to 90 days for tourism purposes. But from 2023 all American citizens will need different types of Visa to validate their move to Spain.
There are seven different types of Visas that one can apply while relocating to Spain from the USA. Here are the details –
- Golden Visa Spain – This is also known as the investor Visa and is the easiest way to obtain a residency permit in Spain. There are many scopes where one can invest in Spain to obtain the Investor Visa.
- Student Visa – These are for the exchange students or students who want to study or research in Spain. There are 3 different types of student Visas –
- a. Schengen student visa: Applicable for the students who will stay at maximum 3 months
- b. Short term student visa: This is for a stay that can go up to 6 months (180 days).
- c. Long term student visa: This type of student Visa is valid for those who need to stay longer than 6 months for their study.
- Non-Lucrative Visa – This Visa is perfect for those who are looking to relocate to Spain from the USA without any employment and for retiring. The applicant have to show valid documents proving he/she has the financial means to support the move and stay in Spain.
- Job Search Visa – Student Visa holders can have Job Search Visa, which will help them to stay in Spain and look for jobs after they have graduated from their courses. This Visa, however, is valid only for 12 months.
- Work Visa – This type of Visa is applied by the company with whom you may have got a job offer to work in Spain. With this Visa if you are moving to Spain from the USA you can enjoy social benefits like a Spain citizen.
- Permanent Residency – For availing Permanent Residency a US citizen has to show that he/she has lived in Spain for 5 years without any interruptions. However, there is a catch in case, you are student. If one holds a student visa in Spain only 50% of the time spent in the country will be counted towards the Permanent Residency.
- Family Reunification Visa – After the Golden Visa, this is the second most easily available Visa that you can apply for in case you have a family living in Spain and you are moving to Spain from the USA to be unified with them! This is also a long-term Visa. The following members of a family can apply for Family Reunification Visa –
- Children below the age of 18
- Legally married spouse/partner·
- Parents and Parents-in laws who are above 65 years of age
“I highly recommend International Sea & Air Shipping. My wife and I had a very good experience with them shipping household goods from Virginia to our retirement home in Spain. Everything arrived on time with nothing damaged and nothing missing. I especially appreciated their efficiency. While a competitor couldn’t promise a pick-up date, International Sea & Air arranged this in minutes over the phone at a lower price. Their contact company in Spain, WillMove Worldwide, was a pleasure to deal with giving us valuable advice about clearing customs, and living in Spain.”
– Gene & Ada
Top Reasons for Moving to Spain from the USA
Now, the “why” part of the move to Spain from the USA you must have already gone through a hundred times! And yet if you are not clear on the parts where you can count many benefits of this dream international relocation, here we are with some help.
To reiterate, moving to Spain from the USA yields a number of benefits. In addition to relocating in a country that is internally known for its rich history, culture and natural beauty, you get the following perks as well –
Cheaper cost of living – On an average it’s been seen that cost of accommodation, daily grocery and even dining out are way cheaper in Spain than that of in the USA! Almost 50% cheaper in certain areas!
Good investment options leading to faster residency permit – The Golden Visa or the Investment Visa is the fastest way to gain a permanent residency in Spain and there are plenty of affordable investment options available. This makes the process of moving in Spain from the USA easier for some expats.
High quality of life with good pay package – The minimum wage guaranteed in Spain offers a good quality of life no matter which part of the country you decide to move into.
Visa free movement amid the Schengen countries – When you have a residency permit in Spain you can move in several Schengen areas without Visa regulations.
Now, add the facility to avail high quality free healthcare service to the above list and many other perks when you move to Spain from the USA! Definitely this will be a dream come true international relocation.