Moving To > Cyprus
Cyprus International Moving Companies
Do you need overseas shipping services for your overseas move to Cyprus? While moving overseas is not only exciting, it also requires extensive research and planning-and most importantly, a professional, reliable and skilled international moving company to ship your house goods safely to your new country.
If you are planning an overseas move to Cyprus, let International Sea & Air Shipping assist you with every aspect of your relocation to ensure it is seamless and stress-free.
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Cyprus
International Sea & Air Shipping’s talented and expertly trained moving specialists will help you every step of the way during your international move to Cyprus.
Before you get started, learn more about all of our offered shipping services and options to determine what best meets your needs:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Cyprus? Should you ship your goods via air or sea freight?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying a home?
- Your fragile items. Do you require packing or custom crating services?
- Your family/household size. Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
- Your cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
How Much Does a Move to Cyprus Cost?
Cost is always a crucial factor when planning your overseas move. Start by scheduling a home survey with International Sea & Air Shipping to receive an estimate to ship your goods to Cyprus. One of our trained moving specialists will visit your home to assess your belongings and determine the cubic footage of your shipment. You will then receive a free quote for the international moving services you need!
Ultimately, the cost of your overseas move to Cyprus will vary based on the cubic footage of your shipment, your preferred method of shipping (air vs. sea freight) the services you require (such as packing and custom crating), and many other factors.
A Eurasian island country in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea, rich in historical culture-with the earliest known human activity dating back to the 10th millennium BC. The country is home to the Neolithic village of Khirokitia, a UNESCO world heritage site with perfectly preserved archaeological remains. Cyprus also contains some of the oldest water wells in the world, well-preserved French Gothic and Italian Renaissance architecture, and religious paintings and artwork from the Middle Ages.
The two major ethnic groups in the country are Greek and Turkish Cypriots, each maintaining their own distinct culture. The traditional folk music and cuisine of Cyprus has Greek, Turkish and Arabic influences.
Cyprus is bordered by Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, Greece, Rhodes and Kastelorizo. The island is dominated by two mountain ranges, the Troodos Mountains and the smaller Kyrenia Range. Mount Olympus is the highest point on Cyprus and is located in the center of the Troodos range.
Cyprus was a founding member of the Non-Aligned Movement, and has an advanced and high income economy. Several offshore businesses have made Cyprus their base because of its highly developed infrastructure. The trade partners of Cyprus are Greece, Germany, UK, Italy, Israel, China, Netherlands and France.
Custom Regulations for Cyprus :
- Residence Visa
- Passport (covering the two years prior to importation, otherwise the previous passport is required)
- Exemption Certificate:
- For Diplomats certificate must be provided by the Embassy in Cyprus
- For offshore company expatriates, a C6 form must be supplied to customs for new items
- Evidence that customer will stay in Cyprus over a year, i.e. Rental Agreement, Contract Lease and Residence Permit
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN COUNTRY FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE TO SIGN CUSTOMS DECLARATION IN THE PRESENCE OF CUSTOMS OFFICER
- Used household goods and personal effects may be imported duty-free, provided the goods are:
- Intended for the personal use of the owner and his or her dependents, are not for resale, and the customer has resided in Cyprus for less than a year during the previous two years from the time of importation
- In reasonable quantities
- Imported within 12 months of the customer’s arrival
- Owned for at least 12 months prior to their importation
- Duty-free importation also depends on whether the customer has resided outside of Cyprus for more than one year
- New items (invoice required)
- Electric and electronic items
- Sports equipment
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products
- Plants (Import License and Phytosanitary Certificate required)
- Weapons and ammunition (one shotgun and one air rifle, at least one year old, permitted with Police Permit and Import License)
- Wireless telephones (walkie-talkies, etc.)
- Pornographic material
MOTOR VEHICLES REGULATIONS
- One car per family permitted duty-free for returning Cypriots, provided they are taking up permanent residence in Cyprus, and had their permanent residence abroad for a period of at least 10 years
- Foreigners may import autos provided they intend to take up permanent residence
- Temporary importation up to one year is duty-free if customer has been abroad more than one year during the past two years
- Motorcycles are subject to duty
- Documents required:
- Vehicle Registration in owner's name
- Local Road Insurance
- Rabies Vaccination and Health Certificate
- Import License from local Department of Veterinary Services
- Six months home quarantine required
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International Sea & Air Shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090