Relocation isn’t the easiest thing to do, you will know it very well if you have ever made a move in the past. With professional movers, moving to Turkmenistan from the US or any other country won’t be a difficult thing to do. You will have both assurance and peace of mind if you know that your belongings are in safe hands and there won’t be any need for you to bang your heads.
Turkmenistan, also known as Turkmenia is one of the Turkic states in Central Asia and has a long and checkered history. Five provinces and one capital city district in total constitutes Turkmenistan. The legal system of Turkmenistan is civil law system with Islamic law influences.
Turkmenistan is the world’s 52nd largest country in terms of area and is bordered by Afghanistan, Iran, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and the Caspian Sea. Eighty percent of the Turkmenistan is covered by Karakum Desert and the climate is mostly arid subtropical desert.
The people of Turkmenistan can be easily identified by the traditional “telpek” hats that represent afros. Education for 10 years is mandatory in Turkmenistan. The national poet of Turkmenistan is Magtumguly Pyragy and the music of the Turkmen people resembles Kyrgyz and Kazakh folk forms.
The most promising and dynamic sector of Turkmenistan’s economy is Gas production and also Turkmenistan ranks 4th for possessing world’s largest natural gas reserves and substantial oil reserves. With half of the irrigated land under cotton cultivation, Turkmenistan is the world’s tenth largest producer of cotton. The trading partners of Turkmenistan are China, Turkey, Russia, Germany, Ukraine, Hungary, Poland and Iran.
How to relocate easily to the new destination?
Prepare a list of items that you want to relocate with you to Turkmenistan well in advance. Don’t wait for the last moment as you may end up forgetting important things.
De-cluttering your items will be important if you expect to reduce your move size and thereby your moving costs. Only take those items that you will be using, the rest you may leave behind.
Prepare all the important paperwork like your passport, car logbooks, and identification.
Find out the important rules and regulations applicable to your relocation. Also, prepare a list of items that you can relocate with you and the documents you need to submit. The State Migration Service will be able to assist you better.
Hire an international moving company, give them the details of your relocation, and ask them whether they will provide you with the packing supplies or not or any such information.
Moving to Turkmenistan from the USA
Turkmenistan is known to be the second-largest state in Central Asia and ranks after Kazakhstan. Also, it is the Southernmost state of this region among its five republics. Turkmenistan is the least densely populated country among the states of Central Asia. Most of the regions of Turkmenistan are waterless and inhospitable of plants and animals.
Turkmenistan is famous for its autocratic government and huge gas reserves. Despite this richness, the people of Turkmenistan live in poverty.
Let’s determine some of the important aspects of relocating to a new country:
If you are planning to relocate to Turkmenistan you can expect to pay anything around $2000 to $12000, based on the following factors:
- Distance between the city of origin and the destination city in Turkmenistan.
- Size of the move.
- Present market trend.
- Method of transportation.
- Route, you opt to move your belongings and relocate to the destination city.
Moreover, if you are looking forward to moving to a two-bedroom apartment in Turkmenistan, you can expect to pay anywhere between $3900 to $7000. In addition, if you need to buy furniture or any prime appliances for your new home, in the new city, you need to consider them in your moving budget as well.
Packing and unpacking services
The moving company you will hire for relocating to Turkmenistan will offer you both packing and unpacking services at an extra cost. To save on moving expenses, you can opt to handle the move yourself. However, for international moves, it’s best to hire a moving company to pack and unpack your belongings. These companies are knowledgeable about what is considered illegal or prohibited in the destination country, so they can ensure that you don’t bring anything that could result in fines or penalties. This way, you can avoid any unnecessary expenses.
Duties and taxes in Turkmenistan
There are rules in Turkmenistan according to which you will need to pay customs and taxes for any belongings you will be moving to the new country. Also, you must adhere to the import policies and the moving company will help you with the same. Apart from this, you will have to bear the expenses of hiring storage services too as you might need to store your possessions in a safe place until you find a new home. All this will add more to your moving expenses.
Before relocating to a new country, consider discarding, donating, or selling items you no longer use.
Tips for moving with pets
If you want to relocate with your pet to a new country, keep in mind the following things:
- Don’t forget to microchip your pets with a 15-digit ISO-certified microchip for pets.
- Make sure you have proof of vaccination for your pet, which is done at least 30 days before you make your entry to Turkmenistan. There will be no need to do the rabies titer test for the entry of your pet to the new country.
- You will need to obtain a Veterinary Certificate for Turkmenistan within 10 days of your arrival in the new country.
- An import permit won’t be required if you will be required if you want to enter the new country with your pet. Alternatively, if a pet is entering Turkmenistan by air, an import permit will be required at the Ashgabat International Airport.
- Any pet examined at the entry port of Turkmenistan should be free of communicable diseases.
- Turkmenistan doesn’t issue any list of banned breeds of pets.
Tips to move household items to Turkmenistan
- You can avoid customs duties if you want to temporarily import household items. Alternatively, you will need to pay as per the present rate for the shipment of household items.
- To be exempted from customs duties, the household items should be imported within six months of your relocation to Turkmenistan. Also, the household items shouldn’t be new, and you won’t be allowed to sell or give them to others, after relocating to Turkmenistan.
As per the International Association of Movers, there will be a list of documents you must submit to the destination agent, who will ensure the entry of your household items into the country:
- Letter of Employment
- Valid visa
- Packing list
- Pro-forma invoice
- Original Air Waybill or Bill of Laden
- Customs declaration
Make sure the inventory list you submit has the monetary value, both net and gross weight of all items listed, and it should be prepared either in the Russian language or English. Lastly, a third party will communicate with customs on your behalf and later a Power of Attorney must be filed.