Moving To > Saudi Arabia
Moving to Saudi Arabia from the U.S.
Are you planning an overseas move? Shipping your personal effects and household goods overseas to Saudi Arabia requires proper planning and preparation well in advance. It also requires professional and reliable international movers to ship your goods safely and without damage.
If you are moving to Saudi Arabia, International Sea & Air Shipping is here to help you with every step of your international relocation - from carefully packing your belongings to delivering them to your new home.
Ready to start planning your overseas relocation to Saudi Arabia? Give us a call to schedule your in-home estimate today!
How International Sea & Air Shipping can help for moving to Saudi Arabia
At International Sea & Air Shipping, our professional moving specialists are trained to advise you and oversee your entire overseas move to Saudi Arabia. We offer a variety of shipping services to meet your needs:
- Your moving timeline. When do you need to be in Saudi Arabia? Should you ship your goods via air or sea freight?
- Your real estate plans. Will you be renting or buying a home?
- Your fragile items. Do you require packing or custom crating services?
- Your family/household size. Are you moving alone or with family? For business or personal reasons?
- Your cubic feet estimate. How large is your shipment?
How Much Does a Move to Saudi Arabia Cost?
Every customer considers cost an important factor when planning an international move. When moving to Saudi Arabia, the cost will depend on a variety of factors. Schedule a free in-home estimate today with International Sea & Air Shipping and one of our trained moving specialists will visit your home to assess your goods, determine the cubic footage of your shipment, and answer all of your questions. You will then receive a free quote for international goods shipping and the overseas moving services you require.
We calculate your costs based on your shipment's cubic footage, your shipment method (air vs. sea freight) your required services (packing and custom crating), and several other factors.
About Saudi Arabia
Also known as The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the country is the world's 14th largest, but one of the most sparsely populated in the world. Founded in 1932 by Abdu-Aziz bin Saud, Saudi Arabia is commonly called "The Land of the Two Holy Mosques." The country is home to Mecca and Medina, the two holiest places in Islam.
Saudi Arabia is the third largest country in the Middle East, constituting the bulk of the Arabian Peninsula. Saudi Arabia's bordering nations are Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, UAE, and Yemen. It is the only country with both a Red Sea and a Persian Gulf coast.
The country is home to the world's largest oil reserves and is the largest oil exporter in the world. Saudi Arabia's export and import partners are: Japan, South Korea, USA, China, India, Taiwan, Singapore, Germany, UK and France.
Custom Regulations for Saudi Arabia:
All documents show customers name exactly as it appears on passport. Do not use initials or abbreviations for companies (Saudi Government will not accept these documents)
Documents for surface shipments must be received at destination a minimum of seven days prior to arrival of vessel
- Passport (copy) with entry visa
- Residence Permit
- Work Permit
- Proof of Employment legalized by Saudi Chamber of Commerce or a Saudi Government Agency
- Certificate of Health, stating customer does not have AIDS
- Inventory (original) with description of contents of cartons-PBO (packed by owner), CU (contents unknown) and MISC (miscellaneous) are not acceptable (MUST be legalized by the Saudi Embassy or Consulate and translated into Arabic)
- Purchase receipts for major household good items
- Certificate of Origin (for new items), itemized, with price for each article (MUST be legalized by the Saudi Embassy or Consulate and translated into Arabic)
- Original valued inventory for Customs purposes
- Keys for any locked items for Customs inspection
- Certificate of Insurance, if applicable
- SASO Certificate of Conformity for all electrical items imported into the country
- Letter of Undertaking authorizing destination agent to perform Customs clearance
Failure to comply with these regulations will prohibit goods entry into Saudi Arabia
- Customer must be in Saudi Arabia at time of Customs clearance
- Import of consolidation or groupage shipments are not allowed, heavy penalties will be imposed for violations
- All shipments are inspected and subject to duty, including used household goods and personal effects
- Shipments are valued locally and rates vary depending on the item
- Containers and trailers must have a comprehensive packing list of all contents (in a water-proof envelope) taped to the rear door with customer's full name and address (Failure to comply will result in heavy fines)
- Shipments arriving in Saudi Arabia without a comprehensive packing list are subject to unloading and full tally at port of discharge
- "Make Mark" information: all goods imported into the country must show the country of origin, such as "made in USA" or "made in Japan" (This mark must tally with the legalized documents presented to Customs for clearance)
- Alcohol and any items containing alcohol, such as: flavoring extracts, cooking wines, and wine making kits
- Books on manufacturing alcoholic drinks or any foods with alcohol
- Radio transmitter/communication equipment (including walkie-talkies, short-wave, VHF, marine, police band equipment, etc.)
- Binoculars or telescopic equipment
- Statues, figurines, or carvings
- Games of chance (chess, dice, backgammon)
- All weapons and firearms (real or ornamental), including guns, ammunition, fireworks, spears and other edged weapons (owner will be subject to investigation, fines, and/or imprisonment)
- Pornographic material and literature (including fashion magazines with people wearing undergarments or swimsuits)
- Politically sensitive materials
- Stuffed animals
- Articles contrary to Muslim or Saudi Arabian moral beliefs
- Christmas trees/decorations, bibles or any other items associated with religions other than the Muslim faith
- Military uniforms or equipment
- Medicines (must be accompanied by doctors prescription and for personal use only)
- All printed materials, books, pictures, records, films, tapes, slides, movies, videos, CDs, DVDs, computer software, etc. are subject to censorship and confiscation (these items should be packed separately for easy access and clearly marked on your inventory)
- These items will be removed from all incoming shipments at the time of Customs clearance and sent to the Ministry of Information for review
- Once censorship has been completed, a separate delivery will be made at an additional charge to the customer
- Any restricted or prohibited items in shipment will cause delays, may be subject to confiscation and may cause possible fines or penalties to customer's account
MOTOR VEHICLE REGULATIONS
- Shipments with vehicles in containers are not allowed in Saudi Arabia
- Shipper's name must match on all documents (such as passport, shipping documents and vehicle ownership)
- One car is allowed per family and must be in accordance with Saudi Arabian standards
- Vehicles with the model year 1974 or older cannot be imported
- The following information must be furnished to the steamship company for all vehicles shipped to Saudi Arabia:
- make, model, year, color, engine and chassis number, license and serial number, weight, dimensions of auto with bumpers, owners address at origin, date car was last registered in origin country, customer's destination address, including phone contact overseas
- Vehicle must be registered as soon after clearance as possible
- Documents required:
- Proof of Ownership (Title)
- SASO Certificate
- Legalized Purchase Invoice and Certificate of Origin
- Proof of insurance
- For used cars, Certificate from Interpol, or origin traffic police, showing there is no police case against car
- Copy of Passport and Residence Permit (IQAMA)
- Letter of Saudi sponsor
- Letter of Authorization from consignee to clear car
- Customs Fee Declaration
- Landing Authorization
- Valid Saudi driver's license required for registration
- Vaccination certificate
- Health certificate
- Subject to quarantine in a IATA approved kennel
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, International sea & air shipping cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Call our International Moving Specialists @ 1-866-788-1090